MBC Basketball is our new program for basketball and cheerleading. Our focus is to teach the game through healthy competition while building athletic foundations that prepare athletes for the next level of play. Through age-appropriate team play, athletes begin to build positive character traits that will allow them to encourage and strengthen themselves and those around them. God has given each of us gifts and abilities. These gifts and abilities are from God but they are also for God. We want to help players strengthen and learn the ins and outs of basketball so that they can use their gifts and abilities to glorify God.
Here is a schedule for the upcoming basketball season:
· Online and in person Registration opens October 1st 2017 – You can begin registering your child to play through our website or by visiting the CAC. Forms will be mailed out and will also be available in the main office or at the check-in stations around the church.
· Fittings and Evaluations are November 17th and 18th – Friday from 6:30pm-8:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am-12:00pm will be the times for all players to come and finalize registration, get fitted for jerseys and get evaluated. If you cannot make one of these times, please contact Chase or the CAC for a makeup time.
· Open Gyms are November 21st, 28th and 30th – This is for players and parents to come to the CAC to work on their game and have some fun. The gym will be reserved from 3:30-7:00 on these dates for you to shoot around, run some drills and have some fun family time.
· Team practices will begin the week of December 4th – Your coach will contact you prior to that week to discuss the day and time.
· Games begin Saturday, January 6th 2018 – A complete schedule will be given out at your teams practices in December. Without any weather delays or cancellations, the last game will be February 24th.
If you have any questions about this change or would like more information, feel free to contact us by filling out the form below!